- We need our students in school and this law could unintentionally push the education community further away from in-person learning.
- The pandemic has had a dramatic impact on learning and the mental health of students. Being in school ensures students receive the academic and social-emotional support they need to succeed.
- The legislation invalidates school districts memorandums of understanding (MOU’s) that codify administrative leave and related issues.
- The legislation undermines the ability of local school districts to use the proven test-to-stay process to prioritize uninterrupted in-person learning by giving teachers the option to stay home instead of testing.
- The legislation requires school districts to shift federal COVID relief dollars away from the student-focused learning recovery initiatives outlined in previous grant applications to ISBE, toward an unspecified amount of unanticipated employee pay.
To close, we have one last shot at preventing this bill from becoming law. Your voice truly matters in the outcome. Thanks again for your continued support of our students. Have a great Winter Break, and we’ll see you in 2022.
Director of Governmental Relations
Illinois Association of School Administrators/Illinois Association of School Business Officials
Sr. Director of Governmental Relations
Illinois Association of School Administrators