This course has been designed for school business managers and superintendents. The content will include property taxes and completion of the tax levy. The general state aid claim will be reviewed with participants completing the claim form. The school district budget and the annual financial report will be taught and then used as a basis for preparing financial projections.
This academy is being offered in conjunction with the ISDLAF+ School Finance Seminars!
The valuable information covered at the summer and fall ISDLAF+ seminars has been recognized as meeting the requirements for the Seminar on School Finance Academy. Get your academy credit in early with the added value of learning school finance best practices in July and getting hands-on levy assistance in October!
Topics for July will Include:
• Update on Illinois School Finance
• 2018-2019 Budget Preparation
• 2018 Illinois General Assembly Actions
The academy will be divided over two half-day meetings at the following dates and locations. To earn credit, you must attend both days at your chosen location.
- Naperville — 7/17/2018 and 10/2/2018
Here’s how the process works:
- Register online prior to the July seminar and pay the academy registration cost.
- Attend the ISDLAF+ School Finance Seminars in both July and October at your selected location.
- Turn in the required homework at the October seminar and fill out the required survey to receive your academy credit.
If you register for the academy on this page, that counts as your registration for both ISDLAF+ seminars. There is no need to register for each individual seminar as well.
PD Clock Hours: 6.75
Designation Points: 6.75
8:30am - 9:00am: Registration & Refreshments
9:00am - 12:00pm: Program
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Lunch (provided) and Round Table Discussion
Please contact Jennifer Corbin at email@example.com with any special dietary needs.
Due to changes in the Illinois State Board of Education professional development requirements, please be advised that you will be required to scan in and scan out of all professional development opportunities in which credits are offered.