This webinar is targeted primarily for auditors of Illinois school districts. Below are the topics that will be covered:
- Planned changes to ISBE budget form & ISBE AFR for GASB 84 in FY21
- Focus on certain key areas of the form such the ICR, Financial Profile score and other areas of ISBE TBD emphasis
- Update on ISBE deadlines and programs that impact district operations such as child nutrition, the CARES Act & transportation
GATA ISBE Specific Requirements and Common Errors Noted:
- Updates on CYFER deadlines
- Common errors seen in CYFER filings to-date
- GASB standards issued but having minimal impacts on districts
- GASB 87 for leases
- Extension of certain implementation deadlines and several new standards and implementation guides
GASB 84 Discussion:
- Requirements of GASB 84 and the presentation in the AFR as well as GAAP basis statements and what auditors need to communicate to clients regarding this standard for the implementation deadline.
Illinois CPA Society Annual Report Review - Common Audit Report Deficiencies:
- Annual update from the results of the Illinois CPA Society Government Report Review Committee sessions from Winter 2019
ISBE Noted Issued with AFR Filings and Common Deficiencies:
- Items on the ISBE auditor's checklist that turn into findings
- Federal statutes that need consideration for the GAGAS examination
- Common internal control issues that auditors need to consider
Tips and Tricks on the Remote Audit:
- Project management
- Use of technology and related security
PD Clock Hours: 3.5
CPE credits: 3.5
Webinar time: 8:00am - 11:30am
You will receive a separate e-mail asking you to register with GoToWebinar 1-day prior to the date of the webinar. You must register here with Illinois ASBO, then register again with GoToWebinar to receive your log-in information.
Please contact Lindsay Plath at (815) 753-9350 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. If you plan to have multiple viewers on one computer, please register each person individually and email Lindsay for a sign-in sheet prior to the webinar.
Please be advised that you will be required to remain logged in for the entirety of the webinar to receive credit. Each attendee will also be required to fill out an evaluation summary in order to receive credit.
Download the Registration form here.